Louisiana Style Jambalaya
Set up your Memphis Wood Fire Grill for Direct flame grilling, grab the ingredients below, keep the hood open and you're ready to start making our Louisiana Style Jambalaya recipe brought to you by the guys at Big Swede BBQ.
- 2 lbs Chicken thighs
- 1 Tbs Creole seasoning
- 1 lb Kielbasa sausage
- ½ lb Andouille
- 2 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Yellow Onion, finely diced
- ½ Green Pepper, finely diced
- 1 Celery stalk, finely diced
- ½ lb Bacon or Ham, diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 Cup White Rice
- 3 Cups Chicken broth
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 1/2 Cup Green onions, finely sliced
- Set up your Memphis Wood Fire Grill for Direct flame grilling and medium temperature. Always have the hood open when you cook with Direct flame.
- Trim and season the chicken thighs with Creole seasoning.
- Place chicken, the Kielbasa and Andouille sausages, and the tomatoes on the grill. Grill the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 20 minutes.
- Cook sausages until browned all over, about 10 minutes.
- Cook tomatoes until they have grill marks and start to blacken, about 5 minutes. Remember to turn chicken and sausage occasionally, until
- Transfer chicken, sausage, and tomatoes to a cutting board as they are done. When cool enough to handle, pull chicken into large chunks, slice the sausages and chop the tomatoes.
- Place a large cast iron pan over the Direct Flame Insert and add Olive oil to the pan and heat until shimmering.
- Add onions, pepper, and celery and cook until vegetables have softened, 7 to 8 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- Add the bacon and cook for about 10 minutes until nicely browned.
- Add garlic, salt, white pepper, black pepper, and hot sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to thoroughly coat grains with the mixture.
- Add chicken stock and bay leaf.
- Simmer until rice is fully cooked, 20-30 minutes.