Let’s get the basics out of the way. The Beale Street is a 26-inch freestanding pellet grill made from 430 stainless steel for outstanding heat retention.
You get 558 square inches of cooking space, although this can be expanded up to 817 square inches with an optional grate.
With a lot of pellet grills, it feels like you’re stuck choosing either the latest technology or a well-built grill.
I’m happy to report that the Beale Street manages to achieve both.
You tech heads out there will be happy with the WiFi intelligent temperature control that lets you manage the temperature of your grill from your phone or tablet.
Many pellet grills struggle to sear properly. Memphis Grills gets around this by offering an optional add-on Direct Flame Insert. This lets you sear steak or burgers over the direct flame.
What I like:
- Simplicity: This is the easiest grill to get to grilling/smoking that I have tested. Turn it on. Set the temp you want. Walk away. Just plain simple.
- Build Quality: Dual wall construction. Entirely 430 stainless steel. Oh, the build quality of this thing. It is truly impressive. This grill will last for many years and look good doing it.
- Thick Stainless Steel Grates: I love these thick stainless steel grates. These are made for the long haul. They transmit a good sear to food, and they are easy to clean.
- Pellet Burning Efficiency: This may seem silly or uninteresting to others, but out of all the grills/smokers I have tested, this has been the most efficient one to date. The PID controller that this model uses really shines when it comes to controlling the auger and fan systems to get the most out of every pellet.
- Memphis Grill App and WIFI connection: Talk about control at the push of a button. You can control basically any setting on your grill from the Memphis Grills App.
Direct Flame Insert
I would consider this a must-have for steaks and burgers at a minimum. The high heat and searing power of the Beale Street grill is amplified when using the direct flame insert.
In the photos below you can see how the insert turns the middle of the grill into a searing zone that is more than capable.
This attachment is included with the more expensive Memphis Grills, so I assume they left it off the Beale Street to keep costs down.
If you only plan on smoking and baking you probably won’t need it.
Heavy Duty Meat Probe
I would also consider this a must have.
Aside from that, it opens up additional features for this grill. With these meat probes, you can set the meat probe temp, and an audible alarm will go off when it reaches the desired temp.
Once it’s reached the desired temp, it will automatically reduce the grill’s temp to a low level to keep your food warm. How awesome is that?
Extendable Grate Kit:
I believe this is a take it or leave it kind of accessory. I feel like the grill has plenty of cooking area already. However, if you feel like you could use more space, go for it.
Optional, but preferred. You technically don’t have to have this one, but it is a fairly handy tool.
It helps scrape grates, move grates, and lifts the flavorizer insert for cleaning or changing to direct flame insert.
It does a couple other things as well. All around helpful tool to have.
Must have. Gotta keep the investment in great shape! Fits well. Appears to be good quality cover.