The Z42 CD consists of applied modern technology and design to create a zero clearance fireplace to heat your home safely and efficiently. It is a wood-burning fireplace activated by lighting fuel and tinder inside a closed off area.
Like its gas-burning counterparts, we have designed the Z42 CD to operate at the highest level of efficiency. This fireplace unit has a 60,000 BTU/hr input rate. With a minimum burn rate of 8,000 BTU per hour and a 77% efficiency rating, it also burns efficiently enough to heat your home as quickly as a gas fireplace. While it cannot be connected to your thermostat, a wood stove will burn at a temperature hot enough to spread heat throughout your space.
As a zero clearance model, the Z42 CD can be safely lit in a closed space with a fire kit, tinder, and up to twenty-two inch long logs for fuel.
- 60,000 BTU/hr Input
- 8,000 BTU/hr - Minimum Burn Rate
- 77% efficient
- EPA Certified / WA approved / Non-Catalytic
- High Quality Pyro-Ceram Glass (15 1/2" X 28")
- Speed Control with Receptacle Assembly
- Arched Glass Valance
- Air-Wash System
- Large Burning Area - Fits up to 22" logs
- Air-Seal 10 gauge Steel Door
- Adapts to a 6" Class "A" HT
- Metal Insulated Chimney
- Zero Clearance
- (2) Heat Duct knock-outs for optional ducting
- 10 year limited warranty