Dear Stove Professional,
The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC), in coordination with the Department of Energy Resources and the Department of Environmental Protection, would like to announce the launch of the 2019 Commonwealth Woodstove Change-Out Program. The program will be accepting applications from March 20, 2019 through August 5, 2019.
Stove Professionals who participated in the 2018 program do not need to sign-up for the 2019 program. New stove professionals should email email@example.com with a Stove Professional Agreement, which can be found on our Installer Resources page, to sign up for the program.
MassCEC has developed a customer-facing one-pager for use by stove professionals. This one-pager provides a high-level overview of the program for customers, including information on income-eligible rebates.
Please read below for a summary of the program’s application process and eligibility requirements. As a participating Stove Professional, your responsibility is to:
- Check the customer’s existing stove for change-out eligibility. The existing stove must be:
- Manufactured by a wood stove manufacturer (i.e. not homemade or modified)
- Work with customer to complete the change-out by selecting and installing an eligible stove model from MassCEC’s list of qualified equipment.
- Issue a discount equal to the amount of the rebate to the customer. This discount must be indicated as a line-item or note on the invoice. MassCEC will then pay the rebate directly to your company upon application approval.
- Submit the rebate application and supporting documents to MassCEC through the online portal.
- MassCEC approves award, sends award letter, and issues the rebate payment to the Stove Professional.
For further information on the 2019 Woodstove Change-Out Program, please see the Program Manual. MassCEC has also posted a webinar which provides an overview of the application submission process and reviews changes since the 2018 Program.
Thank you for your ongoing participation in the MassCEC Woodstove Change-Out Program.
The MassCEC Woodstove Team
Massachusetts Clean Energy Center
63 Franklin St, 3rd Floor, Boston, MA 02110
Customers interested in the program should be directed to